- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Standard Advisory London Limited
- 14 Sep 16
The EDD team within CRM forms part of SALL's framework for analysing andassessing financial crime risks associated with high risk clients. This is a 'DOER' (focus on Open Source Research) role.
The EDD team play an integral role in supporting SALL's senior management (MLRO and CRMC) in making an informed decision regarding the onboarding of a client or the continued engagement of an existing client.
The prime purpose of the role is to perform EDD investigations which provide effective and independent identification, analysis and assessment of financial crime and reputational risks, based on reliable and factual information. Analysts will be required to document their investigations in a detailed Section 5 report and present findings to senior management (MLRO and CRMC). In addition, the role holder will be responsible for maintaining financial crime related management information (such as PEP records) and internal systems.
Furthermore, the EDD Analyst will be responsible for the review, approval and acceptance of screening results, evidencing the dispositioning logic in line with the Department and Company policies and procedures.
Research & Analysis
- Access and understand a range of bespoke systems/sources (e.g. Factiva/worldcheck) to enable a 'deep dive' review and assessment of high risk factors associated with the client review. This will enhance SALL's capacity to more fully understand its clientele and risk exposure.
- Analysis of high risk clients and escalations from CSM with regards to clients with adverse news and PEPs.
- Maintain the PEP log and other registers within the Financial Crime function as required.
Production & Review of Reports
- Clear and accurate EDD reports using available source materials, summarised in a concise and structured manner.
- Report any identified mitigating factors to be presented to the MLRO / CMRC in order to make an informed decision regarding the relationship.
- Liaise with AE's on cases and required documentation as required.
- Liaise with the global sanctions desk in SA as required.
- Perform second level review of peer's reports to ensure accuracy and quality of report before it is presented to Financial Crime Compliance and the CRMC.
- Discuss progress on cases at EDD team meetings.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as directed by management.
Representation / Reporting
Representing the Financial Crime and Money Laundering risks of a client to CRMC
- Report the financial crime risk exposure level at CRMC.
- Present the EDD review (section 5) and summary at CRMC.
- Liaise with AE and MLRO to obtain all required signatories and progress for finalisation by CRM (KYC team).
- Assist in financial crime related management reporting.