EMEA Market Risk Middle Office Lead – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 27 Sep 16
The individual will report to the London based Global Head of Market Risk Middle Office and cover a diverse range of responsibilities related to the management of risk infrastructure across a number of asset classes. The role will entail significant effort on initiatives related to U.K. regulatory priorities, including stress testing improvements, setup of routine data submissions, and engineering robust processes Candidates will need relevant experience, a strong desire to learn, and the ability to work on a multidisciplinary team. In addition, the candidate should be able to demonstrate strong skills in financials products, data analysis and technical/IT skills.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Risk is an inherent part of Morgan Stanley’s business and activities. Our ability to properly and effectively identify, assess, monitor and manage each of the various types of risk is crucial to our soundness and profitability. The principal risks involved in the Company’s business activities are: market, credit, operational, legal, reputational, liquidity and funding. Our risk management policy is to protect the Company’s franchise, reputation and financial standing.
Primary job responsibilities
• Process ownership and management of regulatory FDSF Risk Submissions development plus regulatory interaction on this topic
• Continuing development of Infrastructure to support EMEA Market Risk Stress Testing
• Ownership and regular oversight of data quality relating to Market Risk processes
• Ensuring EMEA compliance with BCBS239 (RDA) by tracking timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of risk data
• Designing and setting up new business processes
• Coordinating with technology groups on the development of risk systems and data standards
• Ownership of the EMEA governance framework for Market Risk data quality.
• Management of a deployed team of risk professionals.
• Knowledge of financial products is essential, including an understanding of risk Greek representations and VAR.
• Experience across both market and CVA risk is highly advantageous.
• The role involves close work with several other areas both within Risk and within Risk Technology. The candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop quality working relationships.
• Strong proficiency with SQL, Excel and VBA is preferable. In general, the candidate needs to be comfortable using many tools to obtain and understand risk information.
• Suitable candidates will have an excellent academic background and experience working within a financial institution.
• Highly organized, with close attention to detail.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.