See job description for details
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$774 billion in assets under management as of 30 June 2013, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas and specialised subject-matter expertise.
Wellington currently manages in excess of $350bn in fixed income assets on behalf of our clients worldwide. Our global fixed income book of business is large, diverse and growing, and today totals more than $75bn. To ensure that we continue to exceed our clients' investment expectations, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Emerging Markets Portfolio Manager to join our Global Bond portfolio management team. This position will be based in either Boston or London.
The successful candidate for this position is likely to have:
• Substantial (10+ years) experience in global emerging markets rates and/or FX;
• Demonstrated investment acumen, with proven track record as a risk taker;
• Skill in total return/absolute return investing;
• Strong skills and experience in investment research, portfolio construction, and downside risk management;
• Familiarity with fundamental, quantitative and technical investment strategies, as well as derivative instruments;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a global team.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.