Equity Exotics Market Risk Manager - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Sep 16
Morgan Stanley is seeking a professional with experience in equity exotics to serve as a Vice President in the Market Risk Department in London. We seek candidates with a strong desire to learn and the ability to work well as both an individual and as a member of the larger regional and global team.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of the business and providing an effective challenge process. As part of the EMEA Risk Management Division, the Market Risk Department identifies, measures, monitors, advises, challenges and controls market risks generated by the UK Group market-making and banking activities.
• Live assessment of market risks, concentrations and top risks. Analyse complex risks that are not easily captured by conventional risk metrics, to improve transparency of the Exotics and various other structured product desks within the IED division.
• Continuously review limit and reporting framework to ensure appropriateness in light of new trades, businesses, products risk factors and market conditions and opportunities.
• Development of risk methodologies, tools and involvement in system improvement working closely with traders, quantitative analysts, IT and other groups within the Firm.
• Real-time involvement in complex & large deal analysis, including assessing material weaknesses or overlooked risks, agreeing hedging strategies with the Front Office, determining approval standards and writing concise decision support briefs. Ultimately providing formal approval / veto to the desk or approval / veto recommendation to senior management.
• Participate in the formal new product approval process.
• Contribute to the assessment of the suitability and performance of pricing and risk models. Work with relevant groups to address material deficiencies.
• Understand P&L drivers and construct any necessary tools to facilitate risk and P&L analysis.
• Create presentations articulating key risks and portfolio changes to senior management in a timely fashion.
• Contribute towards the development of a suite of comprehensive stress tests to highlight all key risks in the portfolio.
• Successful candidate may work closely with UK and Global Regulators (monthly briefings, co-ordination and synthesis of major stress-testing exercises), and would be a key participant in successful approval of on-going model waivers, computing regulatory capital buffers etc.
• Advanced degree, or equivalent, in a quantitative subject, mathematics or statistics preferred.
• Extensive experience with exotic derivatives and structured products.
• Strong knowledge of equity markets and products preferred.
• Experience in risk management and / or quantitative field in a sell-side institution
• Concise, accurate and resourceful.
• Strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
• Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will also be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects.
• Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently.
• Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.