Equity Investment Risk Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 Sep 16
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. With an international network extending to 6,300 offices in 75 countries, we combine in-depth local knowledge with unmatched global reach to provide a comprehensive range of services to millions of customers. Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk division, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
- Ensure a robust control framework for investment risk oversight, including liquidity risk, of AMG Equity products.
- Ensure sufficiency of quantitative systems for modeling equity risk analytics, and sufficiency of global processes for the analysis, reporting, and evaluation of equity portfolios.
- Retain responsibility for global coordination of governance and standards for equity risk oversight.
Review, analyse and enhance current risk tools by evaluating the robustness of the risk models, recommending improvements and overseeing the implementation.
Ensure that risk systems meet the standard requirements to satisfy expectation for reportable metrics, data coverage and quality, and regulatory requirements.
Run regular risk analysis and reports; make them available to the local risk teams
Conduct Data Management including Data cleansing
Meet the requirements of key stakeholders including local risk teams through complete and regular reporting of risk metrics and the active assessment of evolving risk exposures
Respond to requests from key stakeholders (Business teams, Fund boards, Global risk, Audit)
Incorporate new products into existing Risk processes
Derive increased front office risk awareness through regular challenge and analytical assessment
Ensure that core training and competency requirements are met.
Confirm that risk governance and standards evolve to match regulatory requirement and requirements of key stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Strong knowledge of equity risk methodology and instrument pricing mechanisms, including liquidity risk methodology. A good depth of experience within equity investment principles with the ability to challenge front office approach and application of investment philosophy as may be appropriate.
- The role holder should be sufficiently qualified to the understand quantitative techniques underlying risk methodology and risk application (e.g. a quantitative first degree and/or post-graduate degree, and/or an industry standard risk qualification)
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.