- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 18 Aug 17
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Finance team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- In this role you will be primarily responsible for supporting the UK Financial Controllers in the accurate financial reporting (month end, group reporting, regulatory, annual stats).
- Liaise with and review the work of the offshore operational accounting teams
- Manage Balance Sheet reconciliation and substantiation
- Review monthly P&L and BS before closing the books to ensure accuracy and variance analysis.
- Ensure group requests for internal and external reporting are addressed timely and accurately
- Report figures to the MI Group and answer queries
- Liaise with the business to ensure the accounting reflects accurately and timely business developments
- Take initiative for process improvements and process reviews and their implementation
- Ensure that all procedures and deal walkthroughs are up to date.
- Assist in the implementation of changes as a result of IFRS9/ GSIB/ S.18
- Assisting offshore team and deal with day-to-day queries
- Assisting onshore controllers in month end, group reporting, regulatory processes
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA), ideally having qualified with the Big 4 in an Audit role
- Post-qualification experience in a similar financial control orientated role within Financial Services is essential
- As this role relates to Global Holdings, experience within a complex corporate entity is highly desirable
- Good IFRS knowledge, including IAS 32/39 and IFRS9
- Experience in TM1, CODA, Saracen/Hyperion is ideal
- Advanced Excel skills are desirable (Including Vlookups and Pivot Tables)
- The role holder needs to be aware of Operational Risk scenarios associated with similar responsibilities, and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 00009AG4.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.