Financial Control - Equities
Financial Control - Equities, Investment Banking, City, 6 months+
Your new company
Your new company is a leading investment bank in the City.
Your new role
Your new role is within the Equities Financial Control team.
- interact with a number of senior stakeholders including the front office, senior finance management, and other departments.
- participate and support strategic infrastructure initiatives on behalf of Finance.
- support the oversight of teams (typically 10-50 staff) of Financial Controllers based in India aligned to business sectors.
- support the oversight of controls aligned with the business and lead initiatives to improve these.
- support the oversight of the financial reporting for the business including monthly P&L and balance sheet and quarterly disclosures.
- support the oversight of capital attributes such as Risk Weighted Assets, Leverage Ratio Denominator and Liquidity Coverage Ratio.
What you'll need to succeed
- relevant product control experience
- relevant Financial reporting and Financial control experience in investment banking
- relevant Equity Derivatives experience/knowledge
- a professional accountancy qualification
- an inquisitive mind-set and ability to drive process excellence.
- prior Project Management experience is desirable but not essential
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player, with excellent communication skills and work ethic. You will be a good problem solver who is able to operate independently and take ownership of issues.
What you'll get in return
You will join a high-performing team and interact with key stakeholders within the business.
You will build a strong knowledge base across multiple finance specialist areas including financial reporting, regulatory reporting, valuation considerations and operational support and controls.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.