Financial Crime Compliance Assurance Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 Sep 16
The role requires an excellent understanding of FCC-related activities and issues and the ability to ensure that the Compliance staff are carrying out their tasks appropriately through on-site and off-site testing, in accordance with the Assurance Operating Model
~~Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Financial Crime Compliance team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• To support the assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") teams across the Group through the development of, support for and/or participation in periodic risk-based assurance reviews undertaken by the regional Assurance teams. Ensure the policies and practices of the Global Assurance function remain up to date.
• Participate in Assurance reviews of Global Business and Regional FCC teams and/or Country FCC teams.
• Undertake limited internal control work to assess the operational effectiveness of Assurance.
• To undertake periodic functional reviews of the (Region) FCC functions, in accordance with a risk based model and in support of the Global FCC Assurance model.
• The job holder will be expected to instruct and direct other members of the function and act as a role model for Assurance, taking decisions based on their knowledge and experience. When unsure, guidance should be sought from the Global Head of Assurance. The jobholder is expected to act proactively and come up with ideas for enhancements to the team’s activities. International travel will be required.
• Build and manage key internal relationships with Global/regional FCC stakeholders, providing insightful feedback on the results of assurance reviews and seeking views on forthcoming reviews.
To be successful in the role, it is likely that you will meet the following requirements:
• Proven experience in assurance, audit or similar
• Understanding of Financial Crime Compliance and risk controls
• Understanding of the changing regulatory landscape surrounding Compliance organisations within the banking industry.
• Demonstrated experience and confidence in working with a global team and creating and working to a high global standard of quality.
• Proven ability to question, evaluate, improve and innovate existing business processes and adequacy of information.
For further details and application information please apply online
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.