Financial Crime Investigations
London, England, United Kingdom
A large banking organisation is currently looking to make an experienced hire in the financial crime intelligence and investigations space. This role assists the organisation in managing financial crime risks more effectively by spotting trends so they can take preventative action.The role reports to the Global Head and is responsible for assisting the Head of Investigations in the execution of the above remit, including:
- Conducting detailed investigations into customers/operations that pose a heightened financial crime risk.
- Manage complex investigations sometimes over multiple business units and jurisdictions from a strategic and operational perspective, ensuring the investigation is properly completed, escalated appropriately at the right time to relevant stakeholders,
- Advising MRLOs/ business in respect of the above matters and on attendant AML risks which are apparent from the investigations
- Provide advice, direction, oversight and leadership on the above matters to FLOD in matters of investigation of alerts, SAR filing and attendant matters.
- Working closely with the Head of Area to build a robust governance framework for the documentation and processes around client AML investigations and regulatory requests.
- Manage relevant stakeholders, including senior business and Financial Crime stakeholders.
- Proven technical expertise in the field of Financial Crime – specifically in respect of AML regulations or legal background, in particular a litigation background would be advantageous;
- Experience of managing large investigations across business units and jurisdictions
- Proven experience of working across teams and able to contribute to the strategic direction of a business
- Able to deliver as a senior individual contributor, through influence and not through direct ownership or large resources
- Skilful co-ordination in working across a wide range of stakeholders both within and beyond the function
- Numerate and financially literate; able to understand and contribute to the business discussions
- Fluency in English language (written and oral)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Politically astute and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organisations; skilled in matrix working