Financial Data Analyst - GMO / Data Validation Group
The FDA in the Data Validation Group will be a part of a growing organization with a global presence, supporting regional lines of businesses. The FDA contributes directly to the research and the ratings process by fact checking and validating all underlying and supplementary material.
- Validate and fact check pre-publication materials and documentation of the research and the ratings process.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of data validated; including the ongoing monitoring of the quality of data validated by outsourced resources
- Understand financial data and be able to analyse issues and challenges in order to develop and implement solutions.
- Work with outsourcers on a daily basis
- Interact with analysts from lines of businesses with regards to financial statistics issues of their publications
- Understand and manage client expectations.
The Global Middle Office (GMO) provides transaction management support, workflow coordination, rating desk services, and other broad operational support to Moody's Investors Service's Rating teams. The department works closely with the lines of business to improve both business process and data quality across the rating lifecycle. The GMO has over 100 employees in 5 countries and is a key player in business process development, new company wide initiatives, and technology projects.
- Bachelors degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self starter willing to work with least supervision, proactively.
- Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics (preferable)
- Relevant experience in Accounting or Finance with understanding of financial statements is desirable
- An understanding of Economic concepts would be desirable
- German and/or Russian knowledge is appreciated, other secondary working languages are also welcome.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.