See job description for details
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$774 billion in assets under management as of 30 June 2013, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
As part of the continued expansion of our international investment platform, we are currently seeking a Trader to join our Fixed Income Trading team. This individual will be based in our London office and will be dedicated to our global fixed income trading effort.
Principal responsibilities will include:
• Executing fixed income transactions for all relevant accounts under management, with an emphasis on Emerging Markets rates, in addition to non-US dollar bonds and derivatives;
• Gathering and disseminating market and sector information to appropriate investment personnel globally;
• Performing market and security analysis;
• Studying the marketplace for tactical opportunities and generating trading ideas consistent with investment strategies.
The successful candidate is likely to:
• Have approximately 5 years of relevant fixed income trading experience. Ideally this will have been gained on the Buy side, although strong Sell side applicants will also be considered;
• Demonstrate an in-depth working knowledge of fixed income and/or currency markets. This must include experience of Emerging Markets;
• Have a strong academic background. An undergraduate degree is required. A post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification (or progress towards one of these) would be viewed favourably;
• Possess strong analytical, organisational and communication skills;
• Be capable of working effectively under tight time constraints;
• Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy in his/her work;
• Work well in a team oriented environment.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.