Forensic Data Analytics Executive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jan 17
Forensic Data Analytics Executive
Forensic Data Analytics Executive, London
EY's Forensic Technology & Discovery Services (FTDS) team forms part of the Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) business unit and specialises in forensic technology services encompassing eDiscovery, Forensic Data Analytics and IT Forensic investigations. Using state of the art tools, our teams support clients with compliance management, fraud investigation and fraud detection.
The Forensic Data Analytics team are a global group of technical specialists that practice the full life cycle of data management from the early stages of data scoping and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. The nature of our work typically requires working with large datasets from disparate data sources to support fraud investigations and disputes for our clients covering a range of industries. This is achieved by combining deep forensic investigation knowledge with advanced data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, statistics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive modelling.
Our Forensic Technology & Discovery Services (FTDS) lab provides cutting edge forensic technology infrastructure and tools necessary to uncover the most complex frauds close to the occurrence.
What you will do:
- Work on client engagement teams, carrying out both reactive and proactive data analysis of large volume of structured and unstructured data involving a wide range of database management systems, business intelligence reporting and visualisation software
- Work with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sensitive and adversarial situations
- Work in our specialist forensic technology data analytics labs and onsite to help clients leverage knowledge from their data for measurement of the following: fraud risks and losses, prevention, continuous monitoring, detection and investigation of occupational fraud, waste and abuse, financial crime and other forms of non-compliant activities including behavioural patterns
- Work to support clients and fraud examiners on the benefits of forensic data analysis and how it can be applied to their issues
- Support, develop and mentor junior colleagues as a point of knowledge within the team.
- Degree qualified with a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree Computer Science, Mathematics or related degree;
- Experience of data extraction, analysis, cleansing, quality and manipulation skills
- Experience in a Data Analytics role (ideally within a consultancy environment)
- Experience of handling large data volumes (incl. efficiency and scalability concepts)
- Experience in data analysis and manipulation with any of the following software: SQL (SQL Server), SAS, and SPSS.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis)
- Understanding of at least one scripting language such as Python, PHP, VB; or programming languages such as Java, C++, C#
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.