Funds On-boarding Analyst
- £market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- JP Morgan
- 15 Aug 17
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
Funds On-boarding Analyst
Overview of team:
EMEA Credit Risk Middle Office (CRMO) supports the credit approval and decision making processes for the Credit Risk Executives and Client Credit Managers in Credit Risk. Credit Risk Middle Office supports the CIB Overlimit and Controls Monitoring, F&O & OTC Clearing, CCIC Middle Office, Treasury Services Credit Team and EMEA Funds onboarding.
In a changing regulatory and controls environment Credit Risk Middle Office provides control and oversight for various initiatives including regulatory requirement, systems improvements and controlled risk management of the firm as well as setting up credit facilities for new clients and onboarding.
The EMEA and Asia CRMO team is split between various functions and locations. In London the team supports the credit onboarding of new Funds and Hedge Funds.
- Analysing and evaluating information (prospectuses/ fund factsheets/ pension fund financial accounts/ actuarial reports/ legal doc etc.) and review of fund's investment and leverage strategies, fund's structure, investment restrictions and other fund details to calculate the appropriate risk appetite and assign obligor grade as per JPMorgan credit policy and review system.
- Raise negotiation request for new ISDA/GMRA/FBF, CSA and other legal documents for counterparties to trade derivatives and securities trading; and liaising with legal department for execution of these documents.
- Perform annual review of existing clients to ensure credit limits and obligor grades are based on latest available information.
- Investigation and resolution of various credit exceptions including missing grade, unlinked outstanding, overline and unassigned customers.
- Managing credit hotline calls from the trading floor requesting trade pre-approval.
- Provide policy and systems' advice and support to Credit Executives and Client Credit Managers.
- Review of existing operating procedures to improve internal controls and increase operational efficiencies and ensure that these are in compliant with credit risk policies
- Work closely with senior business managers to identify and reducing control gaps and operational inefficiencies within credit risk departments.
- Manage relationship with various stakeholders within the organisation i.e Sales, Onboarding team, Legal, Credit risk and Business management
Minimum Skills Required
- Educated to degree standard
- Self-starter capable of working in a time sensitive environment
- 1+ years experience in Financial Services
- Understanding and experience of trade lifecycle from risk management platforms through to settlement and confirmation functions preferred
- Prior experience working in a middle office or back-office team advantageous
- Knowledge of multiple product sets a plus (e.g., derivatives, securities and loans) advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- Deals comfortably with ambiguity and uncertainty; working effectively and independently as part of a team
- Ability to quickly understand a complex matrix of operating systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships/dependencies
- Team player with ability to work with colleagues in a collaborative manner, as well as ability to manage prioritisation
- Strong Excel skills required
- Previous Risk or Ops onboarding experience a plus