GDPR Legal Counsel
- Market Rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 16
UBS is looking for an experienced data protection/privacy lawyer to join their team in London.
Are you an expert legal counsel in GDPR? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? We are looking for someone like that who can:
– provide and coordinate legal advice and support, including external counsel where required, in relation to the implementation of GDPR
– take responsibility for UBS' policies relating to GDPR, including with respect to systems defining the bank's rules for the processing of client and employee data, for supporting the assessment of the impact on the bank of GDPR and playing a leading role in ensuring that all necessary action has been taken by the bank in good time to ensure compliance
– play a leading role in confirming and enhancing UBS' reputation for excellence and its culture of compliance in the field of GDPR and DMP
– liaise internally with functions such as Project management, Information Security, Compliance & Operational Risk and Human Resources with respect to GDPR and DMP related matters and externally and with industry bodies and data protection authorities as required and continuing to build strong ties between UBS and such bodies
You’ll be working in the IT, Contracting and Shared Services Legal (ITCSSL) EMEA team in London. Our role is to support and control in the following areas: IT, E-commerce, New Media, Contracting with Suppliers, Intellectual Property, Offshoring and Outsourcing, Data Management and Protection and Corporate Real Estate.
– comprehensive knowledge of GDPR and at least 10 years' PQE relevant experience of UK and EU law relating to DMP. In addition a good working knowledge of DMP law in other EU jurisdictions would be an advantage
– experience of advising/working in/with major financial services organizations and an excellent understanding of GDPR and DMP related issues facing them
– a track record of excellence and an established profile amongst peers, industry bodies and authorities in the field of GDPR and DMP law.
– thorough when providing legal advice and support in the other subject areas covered by ITCSSL
– adept at proactively and independently meeting tight deadlines and take responsibility for delivering effective, pragmatic, compliant legal solutions to complex legal issues, to take and stand by decisions, to challenge where required
– able to present, explain, lead, influence and persuade at all levels of the bank including its senior management