GlobalOne Developer - Prime Finance IT
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 05 Jan 17
The Prime Finance SBL Post Trade IT Team requires an experienced GlobalOne developer to be part of a team for on-going development in and around the Equity Finance Sungard GlobalOne Stock Borrow/Loan trading and processing system. The team is part of a larger Global team, based in the UK, HK and Pune, India.
Summary of Role:
The Securities Finance area comprises 3 key business streams, namely Stock Borrowing/Lending (SBL), Equity Swaps and Repo, and is a business area that is undergoing significant growth and investment in HSBC with high business visibility.
To ensure IT can continue to support the business and the IT plan, a person with solid experience is urgently required to be part of this development team.
- Act as functional GlobalOne expert in UK covering GlobalOne development related questions
- Responsible for GlobalOne patches, upgrade and other infrastructure related projects
- New developments in Java and Perl driven from the translation of Functional Specifications (FRD's).
- Creation of technical specifications where applicable
- Peer/Code reviewing across development Independently managing assigned project deliverables against project plans
- Production of software delivery artefacts and all relevant accompanying documentation
- Assisting in designing and overseeing execution of the test plans
- High level of Quality Control, through use of JUnit or other tools
- Working with BA's/SME's to produce optimal delivery requirements
- Working with the business where necessary to facilitate new developments
- Progress and status reporting to immediate management for owned work streams
- New software delivered to required standards against supplied delivery schedules
- Ownership of the deliverables from initiation through to delivery
- Document existing processes and assist in identifying areas of improvement
- Examine techniques, systems and processes in use and determine appropriate changes to effect improvements, reduce costs and enhance efficiency to meet business needs.
- Assist in creation and of test plans where necessary.
- Assist with Integration and regression testing where applicable
- Implementation planning and support (pre and post new releases/patches)
- Maintaining process flow documentation.
- Actively participate in team development mentoring and coaching where relevant.
- Working with other teams to achieve "best practice" in development environment
Knowledge & Experience
- Equity Finance domain experience (Stock Borrowing/lending, Collateral management, lifecycle)
- Strong GlobalOne functional knowledge
- Strong Unidata management skills
- Strong Perl skills
- Strong Unix scripting experience
- Strong SQL experience (Sybase or Oracle or SQL Server)
- Results orientated with good communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills - Ability to interpret Functional specifications and create technical specifications for development
- Positive 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with proven ability to handle multiple work threads at one time