Global Head of Transfer Pricing, Global Tax Team (London, UK)
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 12 Jan 17
GLOBAL HEAD - TRANSFER PRICING, GLOBAL TAX TEAM (London, UK) This is a newly created global executive level position at Cognizant to be based in London, reporting to VP, International Tax, based in the US (Global Head of Tax is based in London). The
GLOBAL HEAD - TRANSFER PRICING, GLOBAL TAX TEAM (London, UK)
This is a newly created global executive level position at Cognizant to be based in London, reporting to VP, International Tax, based in the US (Global Head of Tax is based in London). The job holder will manage one direct report based in the US and work closely with transfer pricing operations team based in India.
As this is a new position, you will have some degree of flexibility to shape this position which is crucial to the company’s Finances.
In addition to extensive operational transfer pricing experience, candidates must demonstrate proven project management skills and ability to partner with finance and business teams from across all geographies and at all levels. The job holder will need to be a team-player at core who thrives on collaborating closely with other tax and finance department professionals in an extremely collegial and supportive work environment.
• Lead global transfer pricing function for US-headquartered, IT services and consulting company with $12.4 B+ revenues (2015) and market cap of $34+ B (Dec. 2016)
• In conjunction with VP, International Tax, establish global transfer pricing policies for all of company’s cross-border transactions where global delivery is at heart of business model
• Design and implement practical policies that are fully compliant with applicable international tax and OECD norms (including Country by Country reporting) yet provide operational flexibility to growing, dynamic, and fast-evolving company
• Ensure flawless execution by leading the transfer pricing operations team to produce accurate results that can be readily verified to tax authorities.
• Lead and direct on transfer pricing automation tools and processes
• Manage external advisory firms to ensure annual documentation and compliance requirements are timely met
• Review annual TP documentation and oversee preparation of comparable sets
• Assist in the filing and negotiation of APAs where applicable
• Manage the TP integration of all acquired entities. Support TP due diligence efforts as needed
• Manage TP audits globally
• Monitor and advise company’s tax leaders of global regulatory developments both at local- and multi-national levels, including relevant OECD guidance
• Work closely with VP, Global Tax Compliance on tax accounting and tax reporting/return impacts of transfer pricing policies, including related SOX processes
• Extensive experience primarily in Operational Transfer Pricing for large MNC
• Experience with US-outbound international tax preferred but not essential, with relevant experience in US federal and foreign tax matters
• Detail oriented and extremely organized
• Relevant advanced degree in Economics, Tax, Finance, Law, etc. required
• In-house experience or experience with a services company preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex tax issues to non-tax personnel
• Familiarity with accounting for income taxes, including financial and cash impact of TP strategies and transactions
• Understanding of USGAAP financial statements, both consolidated and by entity.
• Proactive, self-starter with ability to work independently in fast-paced and flexible corporate environment but with judgement to consult company’s tax leaders on significant decisions
• Ultimate team player with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work seamlessly with other members of extremely collegial and supportive department and organization
• Willingness to stretch beyond comfort zone to explore new areas of tax, broaden skill-sets, and tackle unanticipated challenges in dynamic and fast-growing company
You will be part of a very collegial, supportive, global team which prides itself on extremely low attrition.
The company has been a growth leader in its industry for many years and offers unparalleled access to training, global career progression opportunities and a very competitive compensation package.
The position is primarily London-based with approx. 10% travel to India and the USA.
The job holder will also have some flexibility to work from home.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 255,800 employees as of September 30, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.