Group Finance Manager
- Excellent salary and generous benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Jan 17
The role of Group Finance Manager is key to the success of SimCorp's UK operations and will challenge you to lead the UK accountancy function of an international software business that provides IT solutions to the world’s leading investment management firms.
SimCorp provides IT solutions to the world’s leading investment management firms. Its front-to-back solution, Dimension is a market leader and used by over 170 buy-side institutions to manage over $20.3 trillion in assets.
The role of Group Finance Manager is key to the success of our UK operations. You will be challenged to lead the UK accountancy function (managing a team of 7 staff), act as a true advisor and business partner to local leadership and be responsible for the accounts of 3 separate legal entities within the SimCorp Group.
Listed on NASDAQ Copenhagen, SimCorp A/S is a global company, with regional offices across Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific. With over 1,300 staff in 22 locations, SimCorp achieved revenues of €277.9m in 2015, a growth of 10.1%. 2016 has been another successful year for the group and full financial reports (including quarterly statements) can be found at; http://www.simcorp.com/en/about/investor/financial-reports
The Group Finance Manager is a key role within SimCorp’s UK operations and has full accounting ownership of 3 legal entities within the group;
- SimCorp Ltd
- SimCorp Coric Ltd
- SimCorp Inc
We are in a period of rapid growth where the increasing complexity and size of our sales, across international borders, requires a keen eye for detail, ability to meet tight deadlines and strong relevant experience.
In return, you will enjoy the satisfaction of partnering a successful, industry leading management team in a company that values its employees and encourages development.
The team you will lead is comprised 7 professionals at varying stages of qualification (pre & post) and all are dedicated, committed and enjoy their work.
- Ownership of all accounting and reporting activities for 3 legal entities.
- HMRC Compliance. Including shares, cross border taxation, corporation tax, VAT returns.
- Year-end statutory accounting (IFRS)
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to group finance
- Oversight of bookkeeping and reconciliation of the accounts
- Transfer pricing
- Responsibility for administration and preparation of financial statements
- Lead contact with clients on accountancy matters and liaising with third parties
- Supporting and advising senior management in achieving business objectives
- Lead the continuous improvement of the finance department
- Leading the local Finance Team (with full line-management responsibility)
Knowledge and Experience Sought
- Proven accounting experience in a leadership role with a similar level of responsibility. Ideally from a consultancy/software company/professional services organisation.
- Be a qualified accountant ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Team management/leadership experience valued highly
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining close attention to detail
- Constant focus on quality and client service
- Excellent team player
- Good communication skills
- University degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
Why join SimCorp?
SimCorp provides IT solutions to the world’s leading investment management firms. Acting in this niche, a rapidly changing market is challenging and complex, but also brings you many interesting opportunities. You get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues in a truly global company counting more than 50 nationalities, and offices in more than 20 countries. What better place to develop and build a successful career? To learn more, visit www.simcorp.com