Hadoop Technical Team Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Emagine Consulting
- 07 Aug 17
We have an exciting opportunity for a well-rounded, Hadoop Technical Team lead and Hadoop Technical Adminstrator to join a global Investment Bank in the UK.
- Hadoop forms the core component of the next generation of data analysis for Financial Crime and Threat Mitigation. FCTM are transitioning from a centralised service based support model to agile devops pods within the business unit to support the ongoing delivery of FCTM analytics platforms.
Purpose of the job:
- As team lead for the FCTM Hadoop pod you will be required to manage a team of Hadoop administrators in the support and ongoing development/improvement of a series of production and non-production clusters.
- In addition to this you will be required to be a Hadoop subject matter expert as the role will be divided between managing a support team and working with both business and technical stakeholders on the continuing delivery of the technical platform.
- The transition to the agile devops pods is currently underway, this brings process challenges as well as the more traditional technical challenges involved in supporting such a platform. It will be a key requirement of this role to review and look to improve the current support processes.
- Hadoop – Experience of both development of Analytics (preferably Spark and MapReduce) and administration of a secure Hadoop cluster using the Hortonworks distribution. Core Hadoop experience includes; HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Spark, Ranger, Ambari.
- Strong understanding of Kerberos
- Strong Linux skills including basic administration skills.
- Experiencing leading on and offshore team – including sprint planning.
- Experience integrating Hadoop with external systems/tools; e.g. Elastic Search, Neo4j, Oracle etc.
- Experience of designing analytics platforms