Head of Operational Risk Modelling & Analytics
- Highly Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters UK
- 12 Sep 16
A global financial services group is currently looking to build out a Group Risk Analytics function and hire a Head of Operational Risk Modelling & Analytics. This role will manage an on-shore and off-shore team and play a vital role in developing an operational risk model to meet best-practice and regulatory standards. You will be involved in all stages of model development and management and have the opportunity to progress within risk analytics.
Primary responsibilities for the Head of Operational Risk Modelling & Analytics:
- Lead the group's development and management of models used to quantify operational risk across the entire organisation, covering capital, loss database, ICAAP, risk appetite and stress testing
- Act as subject matter expert on operational risk models and regulatory rules
- Perform ongoing analysis of operational risk and group risk models to identify any areas of improvement or weaknesses in the models
- Manage an on-shore and off-shore team who will assist with ongoing research and calculation into operational risk
- Play a key role in wider group risk analytics projects and governance committees, to ensure that all operational risk models are meeting internal and external requirements
Knowledge required for the Head of Operational Risk Modelling & Analytics:
- Very competent technical skills in scientific coding and programming, e.g. VBA, C++ and Matlab
- Quantitative academic background, e.g mathematics or physics, is desirable
- Experience of working with auditors and regulatory teams in the development of quantitative models
- Extensive experience in a quantitative role in operational risk or finance
- Comfortable with working in a highly complex, global matrix and with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
This position is an excellent opportunity to build an operational risk modelling team from early stages and play a key role in a group-wide analytics programme. You will be exposed to all key stakeholders and regulatory contacts and develop unique skills in the operational risk quantitative and model space.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to find out more about the Head of Operational Risk Modelling & Analytics position based in London, please apply today or contact David Richardson on email@example.com or 02075098797.