Head of Private Markets Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Hazel Cameron Associates Ltd
- 31 Jul 17
Our client is an established Investment Manager with a large private markets investment portfolio. The Head of Private Markets Risk is a key strategic hire for their established risk team. The successful individual will lead the PMR sub-team in creating a world class, innovative approach to private markets risk management. The ideal candidate will have experience in private markets ,quantitative risk and computer programming (VBA, Matlab). You will have worked in an investment risk position at another asset manager, consultancy or investment bank. Understanding of structured finance , corporate finance concepts and experience in private markets risk modelling is required.
- Lead the development, buy-in and execution of a strategic plan for PMR in partnership with the Private Markets Group Investment and Strategy teams.
- Take responsibility for Risk Analysis, Benchmarking, Performance and Valuation reviews and projects for Private Markets Investments and new asset classes in general.
- Lead the development of innovative analytical methods to improve top-down risk modelling framework of private assets. This will involve researching, adapting and implementing the latest techniques, tools and solutions.
- Lead high-priority projects involving private markets investments by developing and executing on appropriate methodologies, analytics and project milestones to create effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Lead the development of an efficient and effective process for review, challenge and validation of the valuations of the largest private investments.
- Take the lead in proactively raising the level of engagement and partnership with investment team at senior levels.
- Lead the development of enhanced reporting that provides assurance and insight
- Oversee, improve on and update relevant policies and procedures
- Numerical degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- Good understanding of structured finance and corporate finance concepts and their application to private market assets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing clear communications both at a technical level and a level appropriate for board members
- Experience of management of direct reports or team
- Deep understanding of financial markets and instruments
- Long experience in private markets risk modelling
- Experience working with and manipulating time series data and conducting statistical analyses
- High degree of computer literacy, ability to programme in Excel VBA or MatLab