Head of Regulatory Change - Senior Programme Manager
- disc. bonus/benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 18 Aug 17
We are currently looking for an ambitious individual to Co-ordinate and Manage the Global Market Operations Regulatory agenda on behalf of the Global Operations ExCo. As one of the world's leading global banking institutions, it is essential for HSBC and its clients, that the Operations team has the fullest appreciation and understanding of its global regulatory commitments. This newly created role reflects the need to respond to the increasingly complex external environment.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently looking for an ambitious individual to Co-ordinate and Manage the Global Market Operations Regulatory agenda on behalf of the Global Operations ExCo. As one of the world's leading global banking institutions, it is essential for HSBC and its clients, that the Operations team has the fullest appreciation and understanding of its global regulatory commitments. This newly created role reflects the need to respond to the increasingly complex external environment (Volcker, G20 Trade Reporting, MIFID2, FATCA, BCBS Margining to name only a few).
In this newly created role, the successful applicant will be expected to:
- Act as liaison between this GBM team and the Market Operations ExCo. - all of whom have various important regulatory change projects underway.
- Quickly build relationships with Operations senior managers, with the key regional Regulatory subject matter experts and the various asset class change leads. This role has full global responsibility, covers all traditional Markets product asset classes and includes specific legal/jurisdictional "regulatory change" eg Brexit.
- Understand and drive funding, resourcing, technology build & development, attestation and quality assurance - either directly or in conjunction with key stakeholders referenced above.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the Operations component of regulatory change requirements and a clear and smooth path to "business as usual" activity.
To be successful in the role, it is likely that you should meet the following requirements:
- Proven Project / Programme management expertise essential
- Strong track record of delivery
- Experience of complex programmes in IB Front Office, Risk and/or Finance
- Strong experience in leading and managing a diverse and high performing change function on a global basis
- Experience of traded products either from an Operations or Business perspective is desirable
- Proactive communicator with demonstrable track record in managing stakeholders up to Managing Director level
- Prior experience of leading and managing global teams highly desirable
To submit your application and find out more information, please apply online.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.