See job description for details
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$774 billion in assets under management as of 30 June 2013, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas and specialised subject-matter expertise.
We are currently seeking an experienced Investment Director to support the business management and client service needs of the Wellington Hedge Management sponsored hedge funds in EMEA. This individual will work on a wide range of business and investment-related activities including investor relations, portfolio analysis, marketing strategy, competitive analysis, client communications and project management. The position will be based in London.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the investment experience and analytical skills required to organise and interpret complex investment information, combined with the business acumen and interpersonal skills needed to drive business success. The Investment Director role requires a strong foundation, and demonstrated interest, in investing. It is anticipated that this person will spend a large portion of his/her time meeting with clients, prospects and consultants to communicate investment strategies within the Wellington Hedge Management business.
Responsibilities will include:
* Acting as an effective investment representative of the hedge fund Portfolio Managers and approaches with clients, prospects, and consultants;
* Working directly with Portfolio Managers to support, enhance and articulate investment processes;
* Supporting the growth and retention of client assets in EMEA;
* Quantitative and qualitative evaluation of investment strategies and portfolio performance, both for competitive positioning and client consulting;
* Assuming responsibility for internal issues associated with the management of the hedge fund business (e.g. operational complexity, investment capacity and investment guidelines);
* Assisting in the development of marketing strategies and business planning.
The successful candidate is likely to:
* Have a strong academic background. A post-graduate or professional qualification (e.g. MBA or CFA) is preferred;
* Have 10-15 years of relevant professional experience, preferably gained in an investment-related capacity such as portfolio management, product management or investment consulting. A background in fixed income would be beneficial;
* Possess effective marketing strategy and communication skills;
* Demonstrate strong business judgment, along with a comprehensive understanding of capital markets, quantitative analysis and statistical methods;
* Demonstrate creativity, leadership skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.