Local Knowledge Global Resources Specialist Consultants
- New York
- Hong Kong
IFRS9 SME Wholesale Credit AVP
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Salary: £Excellent Base + Benefits + Bonus
Overall Purpose of Role
AVP Capital and Risk Information Services will be a key contributor to the IFRS9 project, ensuring development of a robust operating model for the review and ongoing management of the IFRS9 wholesale models. This will include defining business requirements and taking active role in user acceptance testing and dry runs.
The AVP for IFRS9 implementation will play a key supporting role ensuring that the IFRS9 model development and IT implementation run to plan and result in a high quality implementation. The role will transition during Parallel runs taking place in 2017 to an ongoing control function on modelled output as well as providing detailed insight and analysis required to achieve internal sign-off on monthly figures.
Key Accountabilities and Skills Required
- Perform role of Risk SME for the end to end delivery of risk model (PD, LGD, EAD) enhancements and development for IFRS9 project, employing Risk Model expertise overlaid with understanding of IFRS9 requirements and in alignment with strategic plans around stress testing and the Banks near simultaneous Ring Fencing obligation. At the AVP level, this includes the capacity to make guiding decisions and instructions to ensure risk policy and sound risk management practice are incorporated throughout. Some of the included areas are:
- Contribute to the Business requirement specifications under guidance of the responsible Risk representative
- Development of Use Cases and definition of success criteria for developers within an Agile development context
- Collation and review of monthly/quarterly MI reporting metrics including qualitative commentary and trend analysis at portfolio, facility and counterparty level.
- Portfolio Analysis for all stakeholders: Provide portfolio MI for Credit Senior Management, providing colour on monthly reporting and ad hoc requests
- Ad hoc impact analyses relating to model changes
- Testing of system build, development of business processes for IRB model updates
- Liaison with Front office and credit officers to resolve queries on Impairment calculations
- Perform supporting SME role in the Agile development process as required
- Perform testing on data sets to test or analyze historical results in developing proposals for practical implementation of required principles and policies
- Assist in the preparation of materials related to communication, education and support as required through the project.
- Understand and explain the drivers within the models and implemented IT solution that affect the IFRS9 Expected Loss calculation
- Keep manager updated with progress regularly and flag impediments to success as timely as possible
Risk and Control Objective
All of the blanks employees have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in financial markets, solid written and verbal communication skills, a strong governance and challenge mentality, and be attentive to detail. They must be comfortable manipulating large amounts of data onscreen and be savvy in creating testable scenarios to be applied as criterion against product deliveries. They will demonstrate an ability to distribute work while ensuring the integrity of the ultimate whole product.
- Experience of risk or impairment metrics
- Minimum high quality undergraduate degree - 2.1 or equivalent
- Knowledge of Basel III/ CRD IV requirements
- Broad knowledge of banking & trading products
- Advanced Excel ideally proficient with VBA, database applications (Access/SQL)
- Experience in User Acceptance testing
- Post graduate degree or professional qualifications such as ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CFA/FRM looked at favourably
- Experience working in a top tier investment bank in a similar role