IT Risk Analyst
- GBP55000 - GBP60000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McGregor Boyall
- 30 Aug 16
IT Risk Management is a function within the Office of the CIO within the Technology Division of the Bank. Reporting to the Head of the OCIO, Technology Risk Management focuses on the division's IT system risk and works alongside risk owners to identify, plan mitigation, define tolerances or accept risks and prioritises risk exposure for wider Bank wide risk management.
The IT Risk Analyst will work to the IT Risk Manager to enhance and develop the current risk management process. The IT Risk Analyst will contribute to the design and delivery of elements of the Technology Risk Management system and will have collective responsibility for the delivery and running of the system to ensure that system risks are captured and governed within Technology.
The primary focus of the job is;
- Promote awareness of risk and mitigation requirements as an important aspect of Technology's service provision both for business as usual and long term planning
- Assist and / or provide elements of the new Technology Division Risk Management System to both identify and reduce technical / operational risk. Assist risk owners in improving their identification and planning for mitigation on both an operational and financial basis.
- Oversee the risk registers and adapt as necessary to ensure that all risk factors are accounted for.
- Build processes and governance structure to provide visibility of risk status and management information to be able to prioritise risk mitigation work at domain and division levels and to be able to co-exist harmoniously with the Bank wide risk management process.
- Run the governance process.
- Build relationships with Technology Domain leads to develop the process that is mutually effective and operable
- Translate Technology risk assessment into the Bank wide risk management system.
- Ensure that obsolescence risk is assigned to the correct owners and is addressed on an effective ongoing basis.
Essential Skills/ Competencies
- Extensive Risk Management experience.
- A strong technical understanding of IT architecture, interactions and dependencies
- Effective translation of technical risk into business risk
- Strategic thinker
- Understanding of service delivery and operational procedures ideally ITIL based
- Experience in process and policy definition
- Strong IT analysis skills and solution definition to assimilate comprehensive detailed requirements
- Methodical, Proactive, creative, tenacious and self-driven approach to work
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.