IT Technical Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 21 Apr 17
IT Technical Business Analyst - Barlcays - Contract - London
IT Technical Business Analysis role within the Reference Data team who are responsible for client data within the bank on a cross-asset basis. The team implement strategic change, future architectural planning, development and maintenance of strategic repositories which are both in-house and vendor supplied. The IT Technical Business Analyst repositories source, validate and distribute reference data to all systems in the firm. The area is undergoing significant change with a number of high profile project initiatives. This role requires a detailed, methodical, forward thinking individual with proven business analysis experience in an IT-project environment together with excellent stakeholder communication skills.
Key Accountabilities for the IT Technical Business Anlayst will be:
Analysis, design and documentation of business requirements, use cases and functional designs for projects within reference data. Support the technical design, development and testing teams during project delivery and releases. Support project manager through to project completion. Specifically:
The Key Requirements for the IT Technical Business Anlayst will be:
- Liaise with business change, operations and IT users at all levels, both within Barclays Group, and with external suppliers.
- Liaise with business operations teams to gather business requirements.
- Liaise with business teams to define & document process & data maps.
- Organise and lead workshops and meetings to assist requirements gathering process.
- Define business requirements and document in appropriate business requirements specification documents.
- Carry out data mapping activities.
- Define and detail data gaps, data requirements and data distribution methods.
- Convert business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements and create appropriate documentation using JIRA Agile Boards.
- Organise and lead review meetings to enable requirements and functional documents to be approved and signed off by the appropriate business operations and IT users and stakeholders.
- Identify changes to the requirements and work with the Project Manager to raise and get approval for Change Requests.
- Provide input into the technical design process to ensure the design satisfies the business requirements.
The IT Technical Business Analyst will have experience in:
- Proven business and functional analysis skills, particularly in a process reengineering or a post-merger environment
- Proven data integration, data mastering, data distribution experience
- Proven ability to analyse data, map data and design functional solutions according to best business benefit and distribution efficiency
- Proven experience in gathering requirements from senior project stakeholders and their teams who are in multiple global locations
- Proven experience operating and delivering in an Agile Development Lifecycle Team (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Proven experience in creating Epics and User Stories
- Proven experience the Microsoft suite of applications (Word/Excel/Power point/Visio)
- Proven experience to query data in a database using SQL