- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Standard Bank ICBC
- 15 Aug 17
Provide infrastructure architecture to ICBC Standard Bank technology domains
ICBC Standard Bank Plc was formed in February 2015 when Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (ICBC) acquired a 60% stake in Standard Bank Plc. As a result, a compelling strategic platform was formed, one that benefits from a unique Chinese and African parentage and an unrivalled global network and level of expertise
As a leading financial markets and commodities bank we connect our clients to opportunities in both developed and emerging economies and use our distinct competitive advantage to help our clients achieve their objectives
ICBC Standard Bank is driven to deliver the right outcomes for our stakeholders, clients, counterparties and the markets in which we operate. We deliver products in an environment which considers the appropriate needs of our clients, whilst providing guidance and expertise to ensure our employees understand our business and uphold the highest levels of conduct. We want passionate and talented individuals who are motivated by high growth potential being achieved in doing business the right way
- Provide infrastructure architecture to ICBC Standard Bank technology domains
- Understand business, system, data and technology drivers, ensuring the resulting infrastructure products and services meet the requirements of the business.
- Identify requirements driven change, working with the necessary technology teams to evaluate and propose suitable technology and design to address those changes
- Drive technology discipline ensuring consistent standards are applied across infrastructure technology domains and geographies
- Draft, review, comment and update solution designs and architectures to the level where these can be approved and implemented
- Maintain up-to-date architecture repositories, holding all relevant technology standards, design patterns, and approved designs
- Help formulate and socialise technology roadmaps, taking into account industry trends and technology changes, the ICBCS business strategy, and the availability of investment funds to deliver the strategy.
- Work with the Enterprise Architect to ensure the infrastructure capability and service aligns to any long term EA strategies.
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
- Cross infrastructure technology domain exposure
- Relevant technical experience in one or more infrastructure technology domains
- Understanding of architecture frameworks, and how these are applied to an enterprise
- Global Mind Set - Working together with all ICBC Standard Bank regions to ensure a consistent infrastructure stack and globally consistent support function.
- Specialist Skill - Acquires and develops the specialisms, technical knowledge and skills to perform the role on an ongoing basis within the changing environment of the Bank.
- Business Knowledge and Contribution - Must understand the broader business environment in which they work from an industry, organisation, Business Unit and role perspective.
- Risk Management - Identifies and manages risk within their areas of influence and uses, develops and implements risk measurement and management systems, processes and policies within the business.
- Project Management - Develops and monitors courses of action (work plans) for themselves and others to ensure that work is completed in a controlled and efficient manner.
- Knowledge Management - Uses, develops and implements systems and processes to capture, manage and distribute up to date, accurate and readily accessible knowledge and information across the business, to a wide range of stakeholders.