Internal Auditor - Financial Crime
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 13 Sep 16
Goldman Sachs is looking for an experienced Internal Auditor to join the London team and focus on Compliance (specifically on Financial Crime including Anti-money laundering, Fraud, Anti-bribery, Sanctions).
Are you looking for a position where you will play a key role in identifying risks? The Internal Audit Corporate team is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills capable of learning new business and system processes quickly.
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organization. Internal Audit independently assesses the firm’s internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm’s operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in identifying risk and commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management’s control measures.
IA assists the firm’s Board of Directors’ Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors.
Internal Audit is organized into global teams of business and technology auditors:
• Securities - covers the Firm’s Sales, Trading and Insurance businesses; including related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Divisional Compliance.
• Investment Banking – covers the firm’s banking activities and Global Investment Research operations.
• Investment Management - covers the firm’s Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
• Corporate - covers the firm’s Risk Management, Finance, Corporate Governance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas as well as Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office.
The successful candidate will work alongside an experienced team focusing on regulatory compliance and the firm’s internal service activities.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Lead and Participate in planning and scoping reviews. This will involve meeting relevant stakeholders to understand and walk through the business and technology processes to identify the key risks and controls to be assessed.
• Lead and Participate in preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified.
• Assess the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and assist with production of the report to management.
• Follow up with clients on remediation of actions coming out of issues identified during audits.
• Engage in ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
• Liaise with colleagues globally to understand global processes and facilitate benchmarking of best practice.
• Establish and maintain internal client relationships and regularly interact with the business during the year to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the business.
• We require a qualified accountant or auditor with relevant financial services experience.
• Possess a Bachelor degree
• Prior experience in leading audit project related to Anti-money laundering, Fraud, Anti-bribery, Conduct Risk and Market Conduct.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• An ability to work effectively across a large global audit team
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2016. All rights reserved.