LONDON FINANCIAL ADVISORY BASIC INDUSTRIES TEAM - ASSOCIATE
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 03 Aug 17
Lazard has a simple and powerful model, focused on two businesses: Financial Advisory and Asset Management. Lazard advise clients around the world on strategic and financial matters including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, capital structure and capital raising. Lazard provides advisory clients with a quality of service we believe no other firm can match. Our client relationships are built on trust and discretion. We are deeply established in business centers around the world, with meaningful local relationships and insight. And as the world’s largest advisory-focused firm, we have exceptional depth of expertise across industry sectors and geographies.
Associate – Basic Industries Team
Lazard is seeking to recruit an Associate to join the Basic Industries Team in London. The Associate will report into senior bankers on each transaction.
Responsible for the day to day support of transaction and marketing efforts and conduct company and industry analysis on new transaction opportunities;
- Research, analyse, sensitise and adapt both internal and client-prepared financial and statistical analysis/ models. Evaluate qualitative and quantitative data.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation and producing of presentations and marketing materials for Basic Industries clients and prospective clients in consultation with team members. Assist with the execution of M&A Basic Industries transactions;
- Use own knowledge and judgement to add information to presentations where appropriate. Assist in due diligence efforts;
- Identify issues arising and offer potential solutions. Create productive relationships with clients and advisors;
- Quality check finished products with regards to content, consistency and grammar. Responsible for the accuracy of numerical work produced by junior bankers before delivering the final product to senior bankers;
- Day to day management, supervision and development of Analysts. Responsible for the delegation of work to juniors and active supervision of information reported back to Associates. Act as a role model for Analysts;
- Assist MD’s and senior bankers on an ad hoc basis as needed with various reports and analyses.
- The successful candidate will have gained significant M&A transaction experience within an investment banking environment. Previous Basic Industries M&A transaction experience in one or more of the following; oil and gas, power, energy, utilities and renewables is mandatory;
- Solid understanding of financial modelling and processes that support Mergers and Acquisitions approach – e.g. valuations, company overviews;
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to support extensive modelling within excel presentation preparations;
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting practices to support M&A activity;
- Previous experience in M&A and conducting financial and strategic analysis;
- Minimum 2.1 university degree classification (or equivalent if studied outside the UK);
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Continue to develop strong technical and modelling skills;
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests;
- Ability to take initiative and function independently, balanced with strong team skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to maintain relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels. Strong written skills;
- Delivery of requested materials to senior bankers in a timely manner;
- Demonstrates awareness of the regulatory environment;
- Must maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct, adhere to legal and regulatory requirements of the banking environment.
The closing date for all applications: Thursday, 24th August 2017