- GBP80000 - GBP90000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McGregor Boyall
- 14 Sep 16
The work would cover a broad range of areas which are both central and ancillary to a clearing house and the financial markets in which it operates. The applicant ideally has a background in derivatives and/or wholesale financial services regulation, if possible with a focus on clearing.
- Manage certain business as usual processes such as liaising with counsel to procure new or update existing jurisdictional legal opinions and draft amendments to the clearing house's Rulebook; and
- Be involved in legal support for new areas of business, which require the application of both legal advisory and commercial drafting skills.
In addition, the applicant will provide general legal support to the business and on-boarding teams, which involves:
- reviewing non-disclosure agreements, ISDA documentation and capacity opinions in respect of new members; and
- ad hoc general regulatory advice to the business on topics such as EMIR, MiFID II/MiFIR, CRD IV, settlement finality and recovery and resolution.
The applicant also displays a willingness to familiarise themselves with developments in regulation to enable them to:
- update the legal team;
- help formulate the clearing house's response to any regulatory consultations; and
- review the Rulebook and other documentation in light of these developments.
This role requires a lawyer to work in a highly-regulated, yet also very commercially-driven, environment. The candidate will need to have the following key attributes:
- Integrity and responsibility
- Ability to work in partnership and in teams
- Innovative and solution-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful, takes initiative
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.