- GBP52575 - GBP82800 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 16 Jan 17
Our vision is to make Lloyds Banking Group the best bank for customers. As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and to put customers at the heart of everything we do. To achieve this, we also need to be the best bank for our colleagues and our communities - and we have a clear strategy in place to make this a reality. We are building on our many strengths: iconic brands, strong heritages and great people. To unlock the great potential in our business, we are becoming more efficient, more transparent, and more responsive to customers. Already the UK's largest community investor, we are giving even more back. Above all, we are putting customers first.
As the UK's largest Retail and Commercial bank, Lloyds Banking Group has a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. Its aim is to be the best bank for customers and we have a big responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper.
As a Lead Solution Architect, this role will be dedicated to supporting the Motor Finance business. This is a leadership role capable of driving design in key areas of strategic programmes and managing teams of Solution Architects.
You will be capable of setting the strategic direction for the architectural landscape to align and support the business strategy. Additionally you'll use expert specialist skills and knowledge to define and deliver solutions within an area of specialism (Business or Technical) and contribute to the development and implementation of Group IT plans in line with the overall strategy of Group IT and the business.
The role will demand expertise and experience of the Digital Technological landscape and Web Services as well as having in depth knowledge of the Digital and Web based solutions within the external market.
Your accountabilities will include;
* Responsible throughout the entire project lifecycle for the end to end solution of the project.
* Providing clear, continuous and consistent solution architecture leadership at a detailed level within the project. Providing mentoring and coaching for architects across Motor Finance.
* Ensuring e solutions are fit for purpose, meeting the needs of business, and are both pragmatic and supportive of the Divisional strategic architecture direction.
* Leading and participating in the peer review and QA of project architectural artefacts across AMI through governance forums. Reporting key architecture decisions and implications to the Group architectural governance forums.
* Identifying and communicating appropriate resource requirements and working breakdown structure based on skills profile and best fit to complete the end to end solution design. Additionally ensuring project plans and finances align with this working with the Project / Programme Manager.
* Monitoring technology developments to ensure that Lloyds Banking Group is effectively positioned to respond to and leverage opportunities that enhance competitive position through adoption of new practices or technologies.
* Maintaining a forward looking perspective on emerging technology developments and their relevance to both Business and Technology Strategies.
* Participating from time to time in the supplier selection process, evaluating usefulness and cost of products and making appropriate recommendations.
* Expected to carry out core accountabilities with minimal level of supervision for complex tasks and no supervision for more routine matters.
* As needed provide leadership and direction on business and IT strategy, portfolio shaping, and IT
* Supporting the Head of Architecture to build, lead, develop, appraise and motivate a team of architects that is capable of satisfying the accountabilities described above.
We'll need the following from you:
* Ability to manage a range of stakeholders and track record of influencing business areas
* Excellent Oral and Written Communication skills essential.
* Solution Architecture (ISEB/TOGAF certified); Digital Technology and Web Enabled Products/Techniques. Desirable - BPM, SOA, UML, Rational, FMEA
* Ability to demonstrate track record of leading platform specialists in a constructive but directive manner required
In return we'll offer you a great package including a performance related bonus, Car/allowance Generous, pension contribution, 30 Days leave plus bank holidays, a flexible cash pot to spend on benefits.
We'd also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you…