Legal - ISDA Negotiator - Analyst/Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Sep 16
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
The Global Securities Services business provides prime brokerage services to hedge fund clients. These services include margin
lending, securities lending, custody, market access, capital introduction and access to derivatives trading.
We are looking for an experienced derivatives lawyer or documentation professional looking to move into the Goldman Sachs Derivatives Documentation Team on a full time permanent basis. The successful candidate will specialize in ISDA, Futures and/or Prime Brokerage negotiations.
• Legal documentation negotiator with responsibility for managing a priority list of ISDA and/or Futures and/or Prime Brokerage
negotiations to onboard
clients covering the firm’s interest rates and/or Futures businesses or Prime Brokerage;
• Coverage will include security documentation, cross margining agreements and other ancillary documentation;
• Prime Brokerage coverage will encompass drafting, reviewing and negotiating market standard stock lending documentation,
amendments for both supply trading and client trading;
• Working closely with the sales and client on boarding teams to ensure appropriate legal documentation is agreed and in place for
• Keeping abreast of business and regulatory developments as they impact on the way in which our business operates;
• Assisting lawyers in providing internal legal advice to the business on relevant legal issues;
• Follow-up work, both internally and with counterparts to gather comments, information, review and ultimately complete
and prepare them for execution;
• Organization of execution of completed agreements.
• Minimum 3 years directly relevant ISDA and/or Futures negotiation and/or Prime Brokerage negotiation;
• Extensive understanding of contract law and solid drafting skills;
• Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, especially under pressure; ability to prioritise;
• Must have strong academics and good IT skills;
• Strong communication and negotiation skills and ability to share ideas in a clear and concise manner;
• Good interpersonal and communications skills and willingness to be part of a team;
• Enthusiasm and interest in development of documentation skills and using such skills for the completion of negotiation process;
• Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and develop full job ownership.
• Familiarity with market standard stock lending, repo or derivative documentation, and an understanding of the structure and
regulation of hedge funds and UCITS;
• Ability to understand complex financial documentation and a sound understanding of the financial markets as a whole; and
• Familiarity with concepts of netting and set-off as well as the requirements and steps to be taken for the creation and perfection of