Legal, Special Situations Group, Principal & Loan Finance Legal, Associate/Vice President, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 22 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The European Special Situations Group (ESSG) is a business in the Fixed Income area of the Securities Division of Goldman Sachs, and part of a global multi-strategy special situations group investing in a wide range of industries.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
This legal department role involves working within a small team dedicated to ESSG.
- Dedicated lawyer for ESSG with strong emphasis on transaction support and execution.
- Role will primarily focus on ESSG's private equity investing activity, though coverage may extend to other activities including debt, real estate and restructurings.
- Extensive interaction with both front-line investment professionals and divisions including compliance, tax, financial controllers and operations.
- Advising on transaction structuring, negotiation of deal documentation, diligence, regulatory and reputational issues.
- Ongoing portfolio management.
- Instructing and managing external counsel.
- Good team player, dynamic and capable of working proactively on a wide range of issues in a fast-paced environment.
- UK or US qualified.
- 3 to 6 year post qualification experience in a law firm.
- Corporate lawyer, with private equity transaction experience an advantage.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.