Liquidity Risk Manager, VP
- GBP0.00 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 09 Sep 16
Global investment bank is seeking a professional with previous funding and liquidity management experience to join its Liquidity Risk Management in London at the Vice President level
The role is for a risk manager covering all aspects of the UK Group's liquidity and funding risk, within the second line of defence.
Core Responsibilities Include:
* Providing liquidity risk oversight for various legal entities within the UK Group and EMEA, engaging in key regulatory processes from PRA and other regulators.
* Identifying, assessing and monitoring liquidity risks related to the UK Group's liquidity and funding activities, including derivatives, FX and unsecured funding.
* Maintaining active dialogue with trading desks, corporate treasury, risk management colleagues, and other support groups regarding trading and hedging strategies, risk representation, and limit compliance.
* Collaborating with senior front line business professionals in enhancing liquidity planning, liquidity stress testing, limit setting and asset/liability management.
* Preparing and presenting briefings to senior management on key risk issues.
* Leading/executing projects to investigate and improve the risk representation of the Firm's liquidity risk, contingency funding plans, asset-liability management, stress testing framework, independent reporting and limits framework.
* Managing and training junior members of the team.
* Excellent academic background, preferably an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (or equivalent).
* Strong work experience in a risk management discipline at a financial institution, ideally with a focus on funding/liquidity or counterparty credit risk management; derivatives risk management experience a plus.
* Knowledge of cash and collateral management.
* Broad knowledge of financial products across interest rates, foreign exchange, equities and credit instruments.
* Experience with contingent funding plan (CFP) or asset and liability management (ALM) highly desirable; working knowledge with ILAA and SLRP a plus.
* Quantitatively oriented with strong intuition and ability to make judgments based on incomplete data.
* Ability to synthesize complex problems and conceptualize appropriate solutions.
* Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently.
* Previous experience of managing small teams.
* Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation.
* Implementation-oriented - a desire to take ideas and solutions and make them a reality.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.