Salary: Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for Management Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance team within our London office. Alongside the finance team, you will be responsible for the provision of Management Information to the Group Management Committee and Board.
The Group Management Reporting team is responsible for the provision of Management Information to the Group Management Committee and Board, including both financial and non-financial information. To meet these requirements the team produces a suite of monthly information and related commentary in accordance with a monthly timetable. It also produces ad hoc analysis to support business decisions as they are required.
In addition, the team is responsible for the business management of the group financial consolidation and reporting system, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM). This requires close liaison with Finance teams around the world to ensure that accurate and timely information flows into the monthly reporting process.
Finally, the team is responsible for the management of the Group budget process which uses Hyperion Planning. This involves detailed planning, monitoring of progress, control and review of information and the reporting of this information to senior management.
Overview of Role
Reporting to the Head of Group Management Reporting, this is an important role providing an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to gain an understanding of the asset management business through exposure to group reporting. As a small team, each member will have exposure to the whole spectrum of work that the team is involved in. However, this role will have a number of key responsibilities within the team:
The successful candidate will take responsibility in conjunction with the Head of Group Management reporting for:
• Coordination of core system (HFM) processes – monitoring the monthly submission of over 130 entities around the globe, performing data checks and validations to ensure integrity of information in the core reporting systems.
• Analysing key drivers of the key income and cost lines and providing insightful analysis, including reporting on the impact of FX
• Preparing reports for the Group Management Committee report and Schroders plc Board and development of ad hoc reports using Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) retrieve in Excel
• Identifying and implementing ways in which the data collection and reporting process can be streamlined
• Liaising with reporting entities to deal with any issues arising from their submissions.
• Posting all central adjustments (e.g. bonus) and consolidating the Group results.
• Maintaining an appropriate control framework around the forecast process to minimise the risk of misstatement
• Preparing and developing Key Performance Indicators to monitor the performance of the Finance function
The Group Management Reporting team works closely with the Group Financial Reporting team (GFR) which is responsible for the production of all external Financial reports including the annual report and accounts. The successful candidate will therefore be expected to assist the GFR team from time to time, including tasks such as:
• Posting consolidation journals in the HFM consolidation system and preparing balance sheet analyses in accordance with the monthly reporting timetable
• Assisting with the preparation of the year-end and interim accounts as well as with the quarterly results announcements
• Preparing various schedules and analyses at year-end and interim including the slides presentation to the analysts at reporting dates
Essential Skills / Person Profile
• Qualified Accountant (or equivalent)
• Strong IT skills and an experienced user of Excel to an advanced stage. Experience with Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Planning is desirable.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of awareness of the commercial implications of trends within the financial data and of business drivers and their impact
• Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and controls
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to deal proficiently with large sets of data and present information clearly so as to aid management’s understanding of the business
• Able to work under own initiative, to tight deadlines and be proactive in their approach;
• Able to develop close and effective working relationships within finance and across other areas of the business. Good inter-personal skills, as these will be required to deal with a wide range of people;
• Able to analyse process flows and identify areas to improve efficiency
• Control focussed and diligent
• Experience in Financial Services is preferable and experience in Asset Management would be advantageous, but not essential.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.