Manager – Indirect Tax Reporting, Oil Specialist. London.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Sep 17
Our client is looking for a Manager, Indirect Tax Reporting – Oil Specialist, EMEA to join its expanding team. To be based in London.
The Manager – Indirect Tax Reporting, Oil Specialist will be responsible for supporting the company's global oil businesses operating in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Working as part of the EMEA tax reporting team to support the company's oil business
• Managing the Indirect Tax Compliance process for physical oil transactions across EMEA, which incorporates tax return process management, technical review of tax calculations, analysis and delivery
• Liaising with businesses and Tax Advisory team to understand transactions, including VAT implications of new trades
• Understanding and implementing external advice where required on trades (including vessel chartering);
• Working to ensuring any VAT registrations or Customs/tax warehouses, and other reliefs are set up and maintained;
• Responsible for the indirect tax accounting process, including the review of tax reconciliations for the oil businesses operating in the region
• Support process improvement and change management initiatives
• Support revenue authority enquiries and audits
• Effectively engage with the shared services function in India
• Responsible for responding to ad-hoc requests from the business on indirect tax compliance matters
You will have:
• University degree, coupled with a formal accounting qualification (ACCA/CA)
• Strong experience in a similar role, with demonstrated experience in physical oil transactions.
• Commercially minded, with the ability to understand complex structures and transactions
• Ability to interact effectively with different levels of staff across the Financial Management Group and businesses
• A high degree of accuracy, with a process improvement focus
• Strong communication skills, with a strong team player mindset
• Ambition with a high level of energy and commitment
• Ability to work well under pressure
• A strong Financial Control mindset
**Oil Recruitment has been working with some of the world’s leading banks, trading companies, major oil companies and utilities within the energy trading arena since 1998. We work on roles in trading, broking, risk, credit, quantitative analysis, consultancy, shipping, chartering, operations and contract analysis across the upstream and downstream energy markets in crude, oil products, gas, power and carbon.
To learn more about our business and to see details of our other vacancies visit www.oilrecruitment.co.uk