Manager Risk Governance & Risk Appetite
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 Sep 16
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. With an international network extending to 6,300 offices in 75 countries, we combine in-depth local knowledge with unmatched global reach to provide a comprehensive range of services to millions of customers. Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk division, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
- To support the Global Head of Risk Startegy (GHRS) and Global Head of Risk Governance and Risk Appetite (GH RG&GA) in the shaping and stewardship of the Group’s enterprise risk management framework and related infrastructure, through:
- Supporting the development and implementation of the enterprise risk management framework.
- Assisting with the RMM/non-executive committees end-to-end processes, including developing the agenda, coordination of papers and production of briefing notes.
- Supporting the forward looking evaluation of the Group’s risk profile through the integration and delivery of the Risk Appetite Profile, Top and Emerging Risks and Risk Map reports.
- Supporting the development, implementation and embedding of the Global Risk Appetite Framework through
- Supporting the development, articulation and monitoring of the risk appetite statements in the bank and driving the global risk appetite workstreams;
- Guiding and supporting Risk Appetite teams in Regions, Countries, Global Businesses and Global Functions in respect to their risk appetite statements and alignment to the global framework; and
- Supporting the embedding of the global framework and implementation of other global initiatives.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of the end-to-end process for the Interim Report (IR) and the Annual Report and Accounts (ARA) processes for Global Risk, and the overall design and structure Risk Strategy-owned commentaries
- Support the co-ordination of Group-level risk governance committees, ensuring efficient and timely reporting to a high quality
- Actively participate in the implementation of the Global Risk Appetite Framework and support the development of the Risk Appetite Statement, including consulting with stakeholders to determine a robust and appropriate set of metrics and thresholds that can be used in key decision-making processes
- Prepare enteprise risk reports (Risk Appetite Profile, Risk Map, Top and Emerging Risks) for the GHRS and GH RG&RA, used to inform risk management and oversight
- Act as the central point of contact on the processes supporting the enterprise risk reports
- Prepare insightful briefing notes for the the GHRS or Group CRO through application of broad knowledge of risk management, strategic objectives and macro-economic and regulatory trends.
- Prepare ad hoc papers or presentations, as requested by the GHRS
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Generally role holder will have degree or in a Quantitative, Finance or Business discipline;
- Good understanding of the risks associated with the full set of HSBC’s products and services;
- Good understanding of HSBC overall business dynamics and culture;
- Experience of developing, implementing and communicating key concepts in a challenging and changing regulatory and risk environment;
- Good leadership skills and the ability to exercise leadership;
- Experience of discussing complex analytical subjects with non-technical internal and external counterparts;
- An understanding of regulatory developments and supervisory practices, which may include experience in dealing with regulators; and
- Working across various levels of the organisation to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.