Market Risk Capital Manager - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Sep 16
As part of the Risk Division, the Portfolio Management, Stress & Capital Department is responsible for computing, assessing, stressing and managing the portfolio of risk and related capital, as well as leading the Division’s contribution to enterprise-wide programs depending on risk or risk capital. The Department is seeking a Risk Professional to join its Capital team. This team is responsible for market risk and CVA regulatory capital, risk oversight for PRA-regulated legal entities and regulatory disclosures, providing expertise in financial regulatory matters and compliance with the regulatory framework.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley’s risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley’s capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
- As a legal entity and capital risk manager, provide in-depth risk analysis of Morgan Stanley PRA regulated legal entities, working closely with business for capital optimization initiatives.
- Own market risk and CVA capital model output requiring depth understanding of the model and suggest improvement to models.
- Implement new regulatory capital rules for the PRA regulated legal entities in Europe such as Fundamental Review of Trading Book, new Regulatory Technical Standards. Also represent market risk in major Regulatory Project such as Solvent Wind Down.
- Deliver ongoing capital assessment projects such as Pillar 2A risk charge, working with desk level risk managers and portfolio risk managers on identifying and quantifying material risks not adequately captured within the Pillar 1 capital framework.
- Manage the production of daily market risk and CVA capital investigating large variance and respond to production issues.
- Strong academic background, including an advanced degree or equivalent in a quantitative discipline.
- Excellent quantitative and investigative skills are critical to understanding VaR and regulatory capital processes and conducting analysis to draw conclusions.
- Proven experience in dealing with Regulatory Market Risk and CVA Capital.
- Experience in managing teams.
- In-depth knowledge of financial products is important, including IR and EQ related products and an understanding of risk management concepts such as Value-at-Risk (VaR), Stressed-Value-at-Risk (Stressed VaR) and the risk representation of portfolios.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to develop good working relationships.
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL; working knowledge of VBA modelling is advantageous.
- Excellent time keeping and working to detail.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.