Market Risk Manager - Energy Trading
- £excellent package with bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Connect Resourcing
- 30 Aug 16
Leading Global Energy Trading business is now seeking an experienced Market Risk Manager to join their London based team.
Leading Energy Trading business is now seeking a Market Risk Manager to join their London based team. This role will manage a team responsible for overseeing the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly market risk reports including VaR, Options and Stress testing. You will have daily interaction with the trading desks to understand the trading strategies and risk issues. You will need to have a strong understanding of energy market drivers and trading strategies to support risk analysis. The role is also responsible for ensuring that Risk control processes and frameworks are fit for purpose.
You will need to have experience in energy risk management ideally with an energy trading business or with an investment bank or trading house.
- You should have knowledge of the energy markets and have had exposure to both physical and financial energy commodity markets.
- Knowledge of the energy derivatives would also be an advantage.
- You will need strong Excel and VBA skills and ideally some programming experience.
- You will need excellent analytical skills coupled with excellent communication skills.
- You will need experience of managing and motivating a team.