Market Risk Manager | Equities | Global Investment Bank
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Excellent base + bonus & benefits
- Job Type: Full time
Exciting opportunity to work in world leading investment bankSenior market risk manager required for leading investment bank in London to work on the front office equities desk covering exotic derivatives
This top Global Investment Bank is looking to take on a talented quantitative risk candidate who is looking for a challenge to hit the ground running. This market risk group is not like your average risk group as it encompasses a wide spectrum of the business units allowing these team members to gain exposure to other business functions.
This market risk team are widely known for their leading financial projects and have been internationally praised for their cutting-edge approach to finance. The bank is looking to expand throughout 2011 their equities trading platform and this key hire will play a major role in the success of the PnL of the desk. A major responsibility for this role will be the development of relationships and interaction with the front office teams to help establish a coherent and balanced business relationship and maintain risk as a business partner with other trading focused teams in the bank.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity to gain extensive front office experience and develop an already high performing risk team.
The market risk manager will have the following background:
- University degree with a quantitative subject. Postgraduate degree or relevant professional qualifications (eg CFA, FRM & CQF) preferable.
- Understand in detail the products and risks arising from the businesses under their control, how and where P/L is generated, and the details/implications of how their markets are evolving.
- Excellent quantitative skills with experience of working with building and the implementation of risk models.
- Extensive knowledge of Equity products and has worked previously in either market risk, trading or research role.
- Extensive knowledge of pricing and risk management of a variety of Equity instruments, both Cash and Derivative, from practical experience.
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies (eg Stress Tests, VaR) and their strengths/weaknesses is beneficial.
- Experience of managing a team would be preferable but not a necessity
- Strong systems skills, particularly Excel/VB
- Team player, enthusiastic, with strong communication and influencing skills