Market Structure Transition / Strategy
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 12 Sep 16
The Market Structure Transition team create and implement strategies to guide Goldman Sachs’ clients through the changes that are occurring in the financial market landscape. We identify areas of particular risk and opportunity for the firm and its client base and develop strategies to address them. The role will include working closely with Divisional Leadership, Sales, Trading, Strats, Principal Strategic Investments, the Office of Regulatory Reform and the Federation.
• Partner with stakeholders across the Securities Division to ensure appropriate regulatory implementation and develop front office market structure strategy.
• Help clients to navigate changing market structures, through written educational material and direct conversations.
• Be the responsible Sec Div point person on specific Federation/Firmwide, deploying a strong knowledge of GS’s business practices, the regulatory backdrop and cross-asset market structure themes.
• Develop a good working knowledge of the regulatory rules which the Market Structure Transition team cover.
• Work with Federation counterparts to creatively problem solve.
• Front office experience that has provided a deep understanding of sales and trading workflow from both the buy side and sell side perspectives.
• The ability to communicate to a range of audiences, including senior divisional leaders and senior clients.
• Extraordinary attention to detail and an ability to distil large amounts of complex information (including large volumes of Regulatory text) into readily digestible work product.
• Commercial experience, client focus or client strategy.
• Ability to build consensus across teams – as the work will involve many stakeholders – and to drive projects forward to completion.
• A keen interest in the industry landscape, including market structure, regulatory and technological change.
• Advanced capabilities in Excel & PowerPoint and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data into usable reports.
• Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial and self-motivated.