Money Laundering Reporting Officer - MLRO
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
BBVA is hiring a UK Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO") to join the European Compliance team in LONDON.
The Compliance team in London interfaces with the regulators and provides all business lines, mainly comprising of Corporate and Investment Banking products, with proactive Compliance advice and solutions. It also carries out monitoring and regulatory training. It advices the business of key regulatory changes and assists with implementation. The compliance function offers a unique view of the organization from a people, products and regulatory perspective. This position will report directly to the Head of Compliance Europe.
The person will be Responsible for all AML (Sanctions and CFT) and ABC matters for the London Branch of BBVA. Description includes Advisory, Monitoring and Training in these disciplines.
- AML Advisory - advising on all matters to do with the AML, CFT, Sanctions and ABC.
- AML Risk assessment and monitoring - to ensure that BBVA is in compliance with the relevant regulations and practices and also that this can be demonstrated for external review.
- AML (and ABC) education and training - devising, delivering and recording training presentations.
- University degree (Economics, Law, Finance, Accounting...)
- At least five years of experience in a similar role in the Financial Industry, preferably banking.
- Good product knowledge in both retail and investment banking.
- Good anti money laundering experience in a banking environment.
- Fluency in English and Spanish desirable (but not essential).
Competencies/Personal Skills required:
- A senior position requiring a strong person with good judgment skills and ability to work independently.
- Able to stand up and train teams of staff.
- Able to address senior management on issues.
- Monitoring and risk assessment demonstrating good risk mitigation in this critical area.
- Ability to demonstrate that staff understands AML risks and follow processes and policies.
- Ability to deal with external regulatory and law enforcement queries.