Murex Developer, Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 26 Mar 17
Murex Developer, Associate
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hardwork" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We all this Team Spirit and what makes us different It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The ITEC/DPR/NEW/OTC team provide development and technical support for Post Trading Processing for the MARK/PRM perimeter within Societe Generale GBIS.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• Software development and testing relating to the Murex MX.3 platform in order to provide new capabilities to support the OTC Client Clearing business within MARK/PRM.
• Provision of Level 3 Technical Support for the Murex MX.3 platform and associated system interfaces.
• Assistance and advice to end users in relation to use of the Murex platform.
Summary of Responsibilities
Role Specific Responsibilities :
• Responsibility for Software Development and Level 3 Support for Murex MX.3 and related systems / interfaces.
• Understand requirements and translate to a Murex technical solution.
• Involvement in software development around Murex MX.3 and other associated tools/interfaces. All such development to be in accordance with agreed SPRINT prioritisation meeting requirements.
• Responsibility for ensuring that all software developments are prepared and deployed in accordance with the agreed SG SDLC Methodology and Change Management procedures.
• Responsibility for unit testing and preparation of software releases for deployment into production.
• Provide Level 3 Support as may be required including some out of hours.
• To be available by mobile phone using SG hosted corporate email and telephony services to assist in the resolution of any urgent escalated incidents.
General Responsibilities :
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company's Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
• Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
• Demonstrate exemplary personal behaviour at all times and contribute actively to the overall success of the team.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• Execution of agreed solutions in line with prioritised Development Sprints.
• Resolution of production incidents in accordance with SG Incident Management Policy.
• Languages / Tools: SQL, XML, XSLT, Java, Spring & Maven
• Database : Oracle Enterprise
• Operating Systems : Linux
• Middleware Tools
• Unix Shell Scripting (in particular Bash)
• Prepare Functional Specifications, Design Documents & UAT Test Cases
• Version Control System (e.g. GIT) and Software Release Packaging
• Debugging / Unit and Integration Testing
• SDLC Methodology, JIRA Agile & Change Management
• Configuration Management Tools (e.g. Reformx) (preferred)
Product Skills / Knowledge (preferred)
• Murex MX.3 Core Modules and System Architecture / Configuration
• Murex MxML Exchange Development : Workflow design and data transformation
• Murex Reporting and Batch Processing Development
• Murex e-Tradepad configuration
• Murex Market data feeds configuration (e.g. BSMT)
• Murex Limit Controller (MLC) and Risk Aggregator (MRA)
Industry Skills (preferred)
• Financial Markets, OTC Cleared Products (IRD, FX, CDS) & Trade Life Cycles / CCP Messaging
• Knowledge of Financial Reporting / Risk Management
• Bloomberg Data License
• Eager to learn new technologies and business skills and become subject matter expert.
• Ownership and Team Player
• Accountable, business driven
• Experience with Murex MX.3 (preferred).
• Experience working in a financial institution.
• software developer.
• A Level / BTS or equivalent.
• Degree (Mathematics or Computer Science preferred).
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.