EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Operational Risk - VP
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
The FIS Derivatives Utility is an innovative new FIS business, providing derivatives clearing brokers with a standardized operating model built around current and future FIS middle and back office technology. The Utility offers its customers global clearing, margining, brokerage and reconciliation operations and technology support from existing locations in New York, London, Singapore and India. The purpose of this new role is to ensure the appropriate and global risk coverage for the Derivatives Utility’s new client.
We are interested in candidates who have the experience and passion to…
- Make History: Be part of the launch and success of this strategic utility business
- Play a key role in the evolution of the utility: Innovate and develop best practices for the entire industry
- Gain recognition and build on your existing success: Become part of a highly respected team and revenue center
- Apply your knowledge: Innovate and develop best practices for the entire industry
- Assist in the implementation of the Operational Risk & Control Management Framework
- Partner with colleagues in Operations & Technology to embed the framework into the culture and day to day operations of the DU organization.
- Interact with DU Operations and IT managers, along with FIS Legal and Compliance functions, RISC colleagues and Internal Auditors to ensure management of day-to-day and emerging risks.
- Contribute to weekly and monthly Risk and Control meetings.
- Review SLA, KRI, KPI and MI reporting prepared for Participants (external clients) to proactively identify problematic trends and initiate actions with line managers to remedy issues.
- Perform Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSAs), including assessing the design and implementation of effective control activities
- Perform ‘deep dives’, reviews and Risk Incident Investigations to understand drivers of risks, root causes of risk incidents and to recommend appropriate mitigation actions.
- Assist the DU in addressing control deficiencies that surfaced as a result of a risk incident or from an internal audit, RCSAs or regulatory review.
- Drive best practices across business areas and regions to ensure consistency and adherence to policies and procedures in support of control activities. Partner with DU managers to draft/update procedures to ensure appropriate control activities are established to support each process.
- Lead risk and control training and awareness program across the DU.
- Facilitate internal and external audit requests for information.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Strong understanding of the front to back Operations process, specifically Derivatives Processing (confirmations, settlements and margining).
- Overall 7+ years relevant experience
- 5+ years investment banking experience
- Prior Operational Risk Management (ORM) experience at a major investment bank preferred, but not essential
- Experience with Control Testing, or understanding of COSO (or equivalent) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues and risks
- Self-motivated and highly driven individual
- Attention to detail and diligence combined with strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and self- manage quickly shifting priorities
- Solid understanding of financial concepts
- Knowledge of transaction lifecycle across both exchange traded and OTC derivative products a plus
- Knowledge of systems supporting exchange traded and OTC derivative products a plus
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.