Operational Risk Analyst
- Salary: £40,000
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: JCW Search
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a small bank based in the London area for an operational risk analyst with previous financial services experience to join their business and to help further develop their risk frameworks. The manager is looking to get interviews booked in ASAP.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious risk analyst to join a growing business in a team that is focused on building out and developing their risk frameworks. In this role you would get good exposure to risk elements such as RCSA's, Risk Events and Business Assurance, and would suit a candidate who has got a good understanding of data analysis
- Oversee and monitor adherence to the Operational Risk Management Framework, including requirements within each of the supporting policies and processes, ensuring their robust application across the business and providing reporting on exceptions.
- Monitor Risk Events ensuring appropriate remedial work is undertaken by first line business areas and tracked to conclusion, provide validation of data accuracy including allocation to appropriate risk themes/ Basel categories, review associated risk data including RCSAs to ensure controls and risk assessments have been updated, prepare data for submission to the regulator / external data sharing consortiums in line with prescribed standards.
- Review RCSAs to identify data exceptions and inconsistencies with other framework elements (including risk events), working with first line business areas to address or raising concerns to management where appropriate.
- Review and monitor RCSA actions to ensure timely updates and track to conclusion.
- Responsible for accurate and timely MI including aggregation of Business Assurance results from central functions and business areas, identify trends, and draft reporting for CORC and other committees on results and trends.
- Experience of working within a risk or control area within financial services.
- Strong awareness of operational risk and control environment execution within a financial services environment.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills, able to draft reports to senior leaders and Executive Committees.
- Achieving (results focused, takes initiatives, concern for excellence).
- Track record of delivery.
- Excellent communication, organisational and influencing skills with the ability to engage with colleagues of all levels across the organisation
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong analysis skills.
- Sound knowledge of Office products, especially Excel.
- Sound reporting skills – ability to translate data into information.
- Demonstrate a rational, pragmatic, disciplined and methodical approach to delivery
For more information or to apply, please get in touch with Tom on email@example.com