Operational Risk Modelling Manager
- GBP80000 - GBP120000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters UK
- 28 Jul 16
A global banking organisation in London are looking to build out the group risk analytics function, with a focus on operational risk and as such, they are seeking a Operational Risk Modelling Manager. This is a new team and will involve building and managing high-profile models and frameworks to be used across the group. You will liaise with senior regulatory bodies and heads of risk to accurately measure and quantify the operational risk appetite and culture.
Primary responsibilities of the Senior Operational Risk Modelling Manager:
- Lead the development and management of operational risk models, used across the group to quantify aspects of operational risk
- Lead working groups on research and development of operational risk models, used to calculate operational risk measures, such as loss distribution, internal and external data, scenario analysis
- Production of risk measures and metrics used for the ICAAP process
- Lead ongoing projects within the group risk analytics function, such as model governance committees and operational risk analytics development
- Provide up to date interpretation of regulatory rules and best practice to ensure that operational risk models are built in line with standards
- Close liaison with group analytics teams in market and credit risk, to ensure standardisation and further development of models
Knowledge required for the Senior Operational Risk Modelling Manager:
- Extensive technical knowledge in coding and programming, such as VBA, C++ and Matlab
- Quantitative academic background desirable
- Expertise in a quantitative role in operational risk or similar discipline
- Analytical and forward-thinking
- Knowledge of one or more of operational risk, credit risk and market risk
This role is an excellent opportunity to join a high profile function in the business and wider banking industry, and work very closely with leading professionals in this space. You will have the opportunity to learn and progress into a wider group risk analytics business, whilst further developing the profile of operational risk in the bank.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to find out more about the Senior Operational Risk Modelling Manager based in London, please apply today or contact David Richardson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02075098797.