Portfolio Analyst (x2) - Global Real Estate
- Competitive salary
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 15 Sep 16
Analysts with UK and European real estate markets/investments required. Strong financial modelling / analysis, with fixed income exposure advantageous.
About the Role
We have opportunities for two Portfolio Analysts who will own financial analysis of individual transactions for UK and European real estate funds and determine impact on portfolio and fund strategy. They will play a key role in the business planning and strategy formation for UK and European our direct (role 1), and long-income (role 2) real estate funds. They will support business and product development and enhance Aviva Investors reputation as a best in class fund manager, helping win new business.
Duties will include and not limited to:
Investment decision-making advice
• Own financial analysis of individual purchases, sales and portfolio transactions.
• Proactively analyse historic and forecast performance of portfolios and make strategic recommendations.
• Produce appropriate scenario analysis and stress testing to ensure that asset/portfolio/fund risks are fully understood.
• Own strategic analysis for long-income real estate funds, including creating and updating financial models.
• Lead Portfolio Review Forums, helping the business analyse fund risk and performance and set strategic priorities.
• Proactively engage with the wider business to drive improvements to processes and systems.
Support business development
• Support product development with financial analysis.
• Help build the external perception of Aviva Investors Real Estate fund management capability and present to clients as and when necessary.
• Posses a relevant degree (or equivalent) from an Economic or Finance discipline, with the IMC professional qualification preferred.
• Prior experience in advanced financial modelling / analysis.
• Demonstrate a track record in analysis real estate investments with knowledge of UK and European real estate markets. The long-income focused position requires of experience of fixed income fundamentals.
• Advanced MS Excel skills.
• Analytical skills with attention to detail and numerical accuracy.
• Intellectual curiosity and desire to improve.
• Experience of working effectively as part of a team.
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.