Precious Metals Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 20 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Job Title: Precious Metals Analyst
Member of team responsible for coordinating shipments of precious metals around the globe and the reconciliation of physical precious metals allocated and unallocated business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Position/Stock management and reconciliation
* Liquidity Maintenance and reporting to Front Office
* End of day inventory position and balance reporting
* Coordination of precious metals shipments with security carriers to clients and to offshore carrier locations
* Management of Precious Metals Consignment stocks including arranging release and transfer of metal for clients.
* Constructive input into building requirements for new system initiatives and UAT testing for releases.
* Provide input and give specialist knowledge in new trading initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications & Skills
* Excellent communication skills, particularly in dealing with Front Office and 3rd party service providers
* Demonstrated attention to detail
* Strong appreciation of Operational and Credit Risk
* Ability to work under tight time frames and pressurized situations
* Excellent working knowledge of Excel
* Ideal candidate will have Physical Precious Metals experience, or alternatively Commodities Operations and/or Reconciliations.
* Knowledge of Murex, OPICs, TLM, would be an advantage but not essential
* Track record of process review and improvement
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 03/10/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.