Prime Production Services Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 17
Nomura are currently looking for a Prime Production Services Analyst on a permanent basis to join their prime brokerage technology.
Prime Brokerage technology, part of Global Markets IT supports and develops a range of innovative solutions for Nomura's Equity Finance, Cash and Synthetics Prime Brokerage businesses. The team is spread globally across our Tokyo, Hong Kong, Mumbai, London and New York offices.
Prime Technology is made up of two core units: Production Services and CTB (Change the Bank). Production Services is responsible for the 1st and 2nd line support of the suite of applications. CTB is responsible for mandatory and strategic project delivery for Nomura's Prime offering, performing requirements gathering, design, development, testing, project management and governance.
Production support analyst in the London Prime Production Services team, supporting Nomura's Equity Finance, Cash and Synthetic PB businesses and core Prime reporting platforms
Production Services is responsible for 1st and 2nd line support of all core PB systems, spanning front-to-back booking all the way through to reporting. Supporting a 24 hour global business, the team operates a 24x5 'follow the sun' support model which is backed up by 3rd level escalation to our CTB development team. The role requires constant daily interaction with the both internal users and clients
Typical work includes:
- Handling user and client queries (often requiring in depth analysis of the technical and/or business logic of our systems)
- Management of incoming and outgoing feeds to clients and vendors
- Batch and system management
- Identification and management of problems and frequent issues with the aim of improving the supportability and stability of our platform (in conjunction with our development team)The Prime systems are interconnected with a wide range of platforms areas outside of Prime Services IT, so a key part of the role will be working successfully with business and technology areas from across the bank. There is a requirement to work early and late shifts (7:30am - 4:30pm and 9:00am - 6:00pm) on a rota basis. Additionally, the team are required to be on call over weekends, to carry out releases over weekends, and to provide onsite cover on bank holidays - all on a rota basis.
Core Competencies of the role include:
- Issue tracking and prioritisation
- Release management
- Incident management
- Capacity management
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Risk management including proactively identifying and addressing risks before they impact us
- MIS reporting
- DR / BCP management
- Interfacing with development teams
- Understanding / learning all aspects of the business
Key objectives critical to success:
- Ability to analyse complex scenarios from both a technical and business perspective and deliver solutions
- Ability to deliver to deadlines in a environment where multiple competing requirements are a part of the job
- Proactivity and a strong ownership ethos, ensuring that queries are resolved through to completion
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for picking up new areas as the role requires
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Prior experience of application support in a banking environment (experience of working in a front office environment would be a major plus)
- Strong PB business knowledge, or demonstration of a keen desire to learn
- Strong communication skills, and confidence dealing with internal and external parties
- Experience of managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong SQL knowledge (Nomura's Prime business uses Oracle and Sybase)
- Strong experience of working with UNIX based applications (UNIX shell development experience is desirable)
- Experience with job scheduling systems (ideally Autosys)
- Experience of working in a Windows Server environment would be highly beneficial
- TIBCo middleware and Java experience would be highly beneficial
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.