Product Director – Financial Markets - Enterprise investment systems
- High, commensurate with experience.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Excelsior Professional Search
- 16 Jan 17
Superb product management career opportunity to join a very well established and award winning international brand looking to further improve their current solutions and services, where you will take product ownership for the region. If you are looking for a company with no bureaucracy, in a high growth phase where you can make change happen quickly, you should be connecting with us to discuss this remit in more detail.
Our client is an exciting front to back office enterprise technology vendor for the financial markets (both buy and sell side), with a strong and growing global client base. As they position themselves for their next phase of growth they are looking to appoint a Product Director, playing a lead role in advancing the development of their product to meet market needs. This role will be support by a team of three Product Management / Specialists and a European development team.
As the Product Director you will own core aspects of the solution and the overall product roadmap for the region, working closely with internal teams globally across Product, Sales, Software Engineering and Professional Services etc, as well as externally with customers to gather requirements and execute the implementation of new functionality to meet evolving market needs going forward. You will be an internal and external market and product advocate, and will ultimately have overall responsibility for how competitive our clients’ solution is so the solution continues to evolve and beat their competition through go-to-market strategies.
- Determine the strategic direction of solution and develop the product roadmap as needed.
- Gather and prioritize inputs from market analysis, sales demands, and team ideas to ensure that the roadmap matches the market requirements and we are competitive and building the right things at the right time.
- Write detailed functional requirements and specifications and work closely with the development team to design and build the correct solutions- carry out functional testing of developed solutions.
- Participate in product launches to provide key messages, competitive profiling and product content for marketing.
- Create product documentation and marketing collateral for sales, prospects and customers.
- Participate in the sales process by demonstrating product features and presenting the product roadmap.
- Provide professional expertise and product knowledge to internal groups (Sales, Professional Services, Training and Documentation), customers and partners.
- Over 10 years of professional work experience building or working with software solutions for Investment Banks, Asset Managers and/or Hedge Funds etc. This experience could have been gained with enterprise front, middle or back office systems like FIS / SunGard, Misys, Murex or Simcorp etc, and/or enterprise data management system vendors like GoldenSource, Eagle, Broadridge, Asset Control, Markit EDM, Bloomberg Polarlake, AIM Software etc. Either way you will have a strong appreciation of investment workflows and the data requirements for enterprise platforms.
- Ideally you will have experience in a similar Product Management role – so “owning” a product through its development lifecycle from needs analysis, to build and go-to-market etc. Alternatively you may have appropriate systems consulting experience and want to take on such responsibilities.
- You must possess a unique blend of business and technical expertise; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- You must be able to communicate and build strong working relations with various teams both within the company internationally, and externally to our target market audiences in Banks, Asset Managers and Hedge Funds etc.
- Problem analysis and solving skills
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills, with ability to speaker at events as our North America industry and product advocate.
- The motivation to take product direction ownership, and play a key role in the products’ global success.
- Self starter, resourceful, creative, and able to work in a self directed and co-operative team environment.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a very well established international brand looking to further improve their current solutions and services, where you will take product ownership. If you are looking for a company with no bureaucracy, in a high growth phase where you can make change happen quickly, you should be connecting with us to discuss this remit in more detail.
To make an initial introduction please either apply or introduce yourself in confidence to email@example.com.
Keywords: Product Manager, Product Director, VP Product Management, management consultancy, consulting, software, technology, financial markets, bank, banking, investment, asset management, investment management, hedge funds, investment banking, KPMG, EY, Cap Gemini, Deloitte, FIS / Sungard, Misys, Murex, Eagle Investment Systems, Smartstream, SS&C, Markit Cadis, Advent Software, AIM Software, Temenos, Linedata, Simcorp, Charles River, Fidessa, Multifonds, Oracle, IBM, Thomson Reuters, Portfolio management, OMS, risk management, enterprise data management, EDM, fund accounting, trade processing, FinTech.