Project Manager - Operational Risk
London, England, United Kingdom
Business Risk & Controls Management (BRCM) team is focused on improving and strengthening Markets Operations control environment within a global framework. The main functions comprise governance & direction, controls monitoring, testing and assessment, and risk reporting. BRCM is also responsible for ensuring conformance with internal control principles and processes against internal Policies, inclusive of other specific Markets Operations risk and control policies.
This role will report to the UK Head of BRCM Operations Control. Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Project Managing the delivery and implementation of the Group wide Operational Risk Management Transformation Programme within Market Operations globally
- Managing the impact of the programme on local employees and clarify the gap between the current and future state.
- Develop and deliver a plan for transitioning employees from current state to future state
- Co-ordinate and lead stakeholder management
- Prepare senior level analyses and presentations for distribution to BRCM and Operation Management
- Proactively manage detailed level project plan ensuring key milestones are delivered against target dates.
- Lead risk & control reviews and other operating model / business process change initiatives (in some cases regionally or globally) from initiation (building the business case and obtaining senior sponsorship and support), through to planning, analysis, developing and implementing solutions.
The person is required to have past operational risk experience, be fluent in spoken and written English, and have excellent senior influencing, reporting writing and presentation skills.
Being able to run initiatives and a level of independence is a must. The person is required to be able to identify issues, escalate, provide solutions and ensure these are implemented.
- Strong Operational Risk knowledge in investment banking operations (min 5 years)
- Very strong investigative and analytical skills
- BA experience through full life-cycle of a programme, from initiation through to post-implementation
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent relationship building skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Very strong communication, escalation and issue management skills.